Monday, January 2, 2012

Moving back to Bath!

For the last year or so I have run the Bath Soup Company whilst maintaining my day job near London. This meant a huge amount of time was spent on Great Western trains and regular 4-meetings-a-day visits to Bath!

Although I am still keeping my day job, I am really excited to have just moved back to Bath, both to spend more time on the Bath Soup Company but also because, as I'm rediscovering, it's an amazing place to live!

I graduated from the University of Bath 3 years ago (where I set up BSC) so already knew the city fairly well but it's great to be back after being away and see it in a new light. It's fun to visit some of my old favourites like the Little Theatre and Jika Jika and I'm also enjoying getting to know some of the newer bars like Opium and The Cosy Club. You can only buy Bath Soup in a couple of places at the moment but I'm really proud to say that one of them is Jacob's - located just off the abbey courtyard, this cafe really reminds me of the Bath Soup Canteen, which we ran back in the summer of 2010.

I'm a big fan of Bath's "healthy vibe" and I've already enjoyed evening runs through the city centre and early morning runs along the canal, which is just as well as I am due to take on a sprint triathlon at Dorney Lake in May...

Having finally got the new flat sorted (despite friends visiting every weekend since we've been here!) I'm really looking forward to what January has in strore for us as I have some exciting meetings with local organisations and will be taking part in the final round of a funding competition that would make 2012 our year! The final round involves a Dragons Dens style pitch, which Ian and I will be attending in the next few weeks, fingers crossed!

One of my New Years Resolutions is to be more chatty online so keep checking back here to see how I'm getting on!

Also, do get in touch if you're on Twitter! @bathsoupcompany



No comments:

Post a Comment